I am a middle school English educator, instructional designer, reader, lifelong learner, saxophone player, and all-around nerd in the Chicago suburbs! I sponsor my school’s Pride Club, a Genders & Sexualities Alliance. My professional passions include:
- Secondary & content-area literacy.
- Technology and instructional design.
- Reading & writing workshop in the secondary classroom.
- Civics and social justice education.
- Teacher professional development.
- Equity and inclusivity in education.
- LGBTQ+ student issues.
- National Novel Writing Month.
You can learn more about my teaching, view my Curriculum Vitae, and watch me teach on the About Me page. Check out my classroom site, a growing collection full of ELA and Life Science resources for middle school students and teachers. I also offer a variety of ELA, science, and social justice materials for teachers through my TPT store, Get Lit or Sci Trying.